The fishtail braid is by far our favorite go-to hairstyle. It’s so unique, elegant, and super flexible. You can do a really tight, sophisticated braid, or you can mess with your braid a little bit to create a more casual, messy style. We worked with Christian Marc and Temptu to create this tutorial to show you how to create a perfectly styled, undone fishtail braid. We’d love to see a bride wear this with a more flowy, grecian style gown or even with a very structured modern dress to create a little contrast. Keep reading for the full instructions.
1. Start by pulling back clean, dry hair, and braid the upper half with a loose traditional braid.
2. Take a couple of pieces and pull them around the braid and pin with bobby pins to create a little texture at the top of the pony tail. Play with it a little bit until you’re happy with the way it looks. The messier, the better.
3. Take the remaining hair and use a fishtail style braid to finish the pony tail.
4. Create a messy look throughout the pony tail by pulling at the braid to loosen it up.
5. Secure the bottom of the braid with a small, clear rubber band or bobby pins.
This sunrise ceremony inspiration is a refreshing example of springtime refinement; the effortless, ethereal gowns, the delicate yet abundant florals and the feminine color palate together complete a picture-perfect atmosphere.
BUY YOUR DRESS ON ONCE WED
Wedding dresses are truly works of art, and today, we're happy to feature some of our favorite wedding dress trends for 2017 from Isabelle Armstrong NY and Emily Claire Events. A bride needs to feel her best in order to look her best, so when you shop for your gown, focus on fit and flatter. The range of silhouettes and shapes, fabrics, and styles mean that brides are no longer forced to choose from just a handful of options - you can truly find the best gown for you!