The fishtail braid is by far our favorite go-to hairstyle. It’s so unique, elegant, and super flexible. You can do a really tight, sophisticated braid, or you can mess with your braid a little bit to create a more casual, messy style. We worked with Christian Marc and Temptu to create this tutorial to show you how to create a perfectly styled, undone fishtail braid. We’d love to see a bride wear this with a more flowy, grecian style gown or even with a very structured modern dress to create a little contrast. Keep reading for the full instructions.
1. Start by pulling back clean, dry hair, and braid the upper half with a loose traditional braid.
2. Take a couple of pieces and pull them around the braid and pin with bobby pins to create a little texture at the top of the pony tail. Play with it a little bit until you’re happy with the way it looks. The messier, the better.
3. Take the remaining hair and use a fishtail style braid to finish the pony tail.
4. Create a messy look throughout the pony tail by pulling at the braid to loosen it up.
5. Secure the bottom of the braid with a small, clear rubber band or bobby pins.
Bridal bouquets to large arrangements to floral table runners, we love this deep and moody floral inspiration.