We welcome you to sell in the OnceWed dress shop
- Use Social Media Share your dress listing through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram to increase visibility and exposure. Add hashtags to your posts, such as #weddingdress, #wedding2016, #verawang, to help brides find your dress.
- Images Are Everything Increase your chances of selling your dress by including great photos. Get the most interest from buyers by taking photos of your dress in natural light and on a model (rather than on a hanger). Want more help with your photos? Check out our free photo guide for more ideas + suggestions.
- Be Responsive If you get an inquiry about your dress, make it a point to respond within 24 hours. Being responsive will go a long ways towards inspiring confidence in your buyer. Remember, this is a big investment for some brides, so taking time to answer their questions will pay off in the end.
- Brides Trust Us Over the last 10+ years, Once Wed has built a reputation for providing couples with incredible inspiration and resources for planning their wedding. We have the same commitment for our dress listing platform.
- Seller Privacy & Protection We work to continuously improve the experience buyers and sellers have on our site through advanced scam and spam protection features.
- Customer Service We understand that selling online can be a potentially stressful situation, especially with high-value items. Our customer service is available through email the entire listing and selling process.
How do I list my dress or accessories on Once Wed?
We’ve set up our listing form to take only 5 – 10 minutes to fill out. It’s quick, easy, and free. Please note that our accessories section is not available for charger plates and listings for charger plates will be removed. To list a dress or an accessory, click here.
I have loaded my images and they are showing on the site as a black box – why is that?
This usually happens because you have taken a screen cap of a picture and are trying to load a screen cap which isn’t possible.
I have loaded my images and they are showing up sideways on the site – why is that?
This usually happens because you have taken a picture with your phone sideways so it is loading that way. We suggest taking your pictures again with your phone turned a different way. Because there are so many different phones we aren’t able to provide more specific advice.
I submitted a dress – why isn’t it live on the site?
Dress listings take up to 48 hours to be approved and become live on the site. Also, Once Wed requires at least one image with every listing, so if you submitted a listing without any images we won’t make it live until an image is uploaded. Please do not use images that are not your images. We are often contacted by dress designers notifying us of copyright violations because people are using their images without permission. We will remove those images. If you listed a dress and it isn’t live within 48 hours, please send an email to email@example.com
How can I edit my listing or mark my dress as sold?
You were sent a confirmation email when you listed your dress with Once Wed. In the confirmation email a link was included which will allow you to edit your dress listing at any time or mark it as sold.
What payment services do you recommend?
We only recommend escrow.com to buyers and sellers, since we feel it is the only service on the internet which protects both the buyer and the seller (no we aren’t being paid to say that). A check, money order, or cashier’s check are NEVER safe payment methods to accept. PayPal does offer a process for filing a claim, but we do not feel it offers the protection that escrow.com does.
How much does it cost to list a dress on Once Wed?
It is absolutely free. We don’t take a commission on the sale or ask for a listing fee.
I received a suspicious email about my listing. What should I do?
If you receive a suspicious or awkward email, chances are the person behind it is not a legitimate buyer. We do our best to protect both buyers and sellers on Once Wed, so please feel free to forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will block this person from contacting other sellers on our admin end. Also, please beware of anyone who offers to send a check for more than the asking amount in exchange for a shipping company/shipper pick up.
How will buyers contact me about purchasing my dress?
Once Wed uses an email system that is very similar to craigslist. Each seller has a unique email address attached to their listing. This allows us to protect you by determining who can and cannot contact you. We set everything up. Just be sure to include your email address in the appropriate box on the listing form and we’ll take care of the rest.
How should I price my dress?
Deciding on a price depends on you and your dress. Widely known designer gowns will usually fetch more than lesser known gowns due to retail price and popularity in the press. Most brides price their used wedding dress 25 to 50 percent below the retail price. If you are not receiving many inquiries for your gown, try lowering the price or offering a best offer option.
Should I offer a return policy?
While some sellers offer a return policy to potential buyers with a 5% restocking fee, most have an all sales are final policy. There are pros and cons associated with both options, but it ultimately depends on your comfort level and preference as the seller.
Disclaimer: Once Wed is NOT responsible for any transaction between a buyer and seller. It is up to the seller to practice due diligence before selling a dress to verify that the buyer is reputable and honest.
You must protect yourself when selling a dress online. Always use a secure payment service to sell a dress like escrow.com to sell your wedding dress online. NEVER ACCEPT CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS, OR CASHIER’S CHECKS AS A FORM OF PAYMENT FOR YOUR DRESS. BEWARE OF ANY AWKWARD OR FOREIGN EMAILS OFFERING TO SEND MORE THAN THE DRESS AMOUNT IN A CHECK IN EXCHANGE FOR A SHIPPING COMPANY OR SHIPPER TO PICK IT UP.
Start selling your dress online for free!sell yours