So, if you’re plugged into the wedding world at all (and if you’re visiting Once Wed, you probably are), we’re sure you’ve seen a lot about more Frou Frou Chic floating around the web and instagram since we posted a giveaway introducing the new handmade ribbon line a few weeks ago. Ginny Au and her step-mother Heather Cowie created this absolutely stunning line of hand died silk ribbon, and we couldn’t be more excited by the fact that they are choosing to share about Frou Frou Chic here on Once Wed.
Ginny, the marketing and styling guru behind the lovely Frou Frou Chic brand, teamed up with one of our absolute favorite hair stylists, Joanna Ballentine, to create a couple of hair tutorials inspired by Frou Frou Chic ribbon. Wearing ribbon in your hair is not just for little girls anymore, although this would look absolutely precious on any little girl. Ginny and Joanna worked together to design this chic and gorgeous halo braid hairstyle that would be beautiful for any bride on her wedding day.
Isn’t the way they braided the ribbon into the hair absolutely darling? We simply love this classic and bohemian-inspired halo braid for a bride looking for an alternative to a traditional wedding updo. Let us know if you feel bold enough to try this flawless look out for your wedding because we’d love to see how this works out for our brides. Visit Frou Frou Chic today to pick up your hand died silk ribbon to polish off the look!
Steps for braided Frou Frou:
1. Prep hair to give texture and hold. We used Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray- it gives an undone messy look. Start from either side above the ear (or over) and begin braiding with your choice of braid technique.
2. Continue braiding loosely around the shape of the head- bobby pin as you go to keep in place.
3. Complet the braid at either the temples or continue the braid around like a crown. Tuck the end in between the hair and pin.
4. We then took a 1/2 inch frou frou chic ribbon and folded it in half, hooked a bobby pin on it and anchored the ribbon in the hair by weaving in the bobby pin in the hair (hidden).
5. Then we weaved the ribbon through the braid. We used our hands for this step and weaved it in a random pattern. Step back and look at it every once in a while to make sure the ribbon is weaved through symmetrically. Also- make sure the ribbon is loose through the hair to make it look fuller.
6. As you get to your end, tuck the ribbon and pin- then spray to lock in your look!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
We are thrilled to share Katie and Chris' elegant, Dutch Masters-inspired autumn wedding in England with you today. One of the things that is so enthralling about weddings that take place in Europe is the incredible venues, and the carefully restored historic home that Katie and Chris' wedding took place in is one of these amazing places.