Unfortunately, scammers also prey on sellers. Always use a secure payment service to sell a dress like escrow.com to sell your wedding dress online.
NEVER ACCEPT A CHECK, MONEY ORDERS, OR CASHIERS CHECKS AS A PAYMENT FOR YOUR DRESS.
For common scams to look out for and tips on avoiding online scams, CLICK HERE
How do I list my dress on Once Wed?
We’ve set up our listing form to take only 5 – 10 minutes to fill out. It is quick, easy, and free. To submit a dress, click here.
I submitted a dress and it is not live on the site yet?
Dress listings take up to 48 hours to be approved and become live on the site. Also, Once Wed require at least one image with every listing, so if you submitted a listing without any images we won’t make it live until an image is uploaded. If you listed a dress and it isn’t live, please send an email info (at) oncewed (dot) com.
How can I edit my listing or mark my dress as sold?
You were sent a confirmation email when you listed your dress with Once Wed. In the confirmation email a link was included which will allow you to edit your dress listing at any time or mark it as sold.
What payment services do you recommend?
I only recommend escrow.com to my buyer’s and seller’s. Escrow.com is the only service on the internet which protects both the buyer and the seller. A check, money order, or cashier’s check are not safe payment methods to accept.
How much does it cost to list a dress on Once Wed?
It is absolutely free. We don’t take a commission on the sale or ask for a listing fee.
I received a suspicious email about my listing. What should I do?
If you receive a suspicious or awkward email, chances are the person behind it is not a legitimate buyer. We do our best to protect both buyers and sellers on Once Wed, so please feel free to forward the email to info (at) oncewed (dot) com and we will block this person from contacting other seller’s on our admin end. Also, please beware of anyone asking to send more than the actual dress amount in a check in exchange for a shipping company/shipper to pick it up.
How does buyer’s contact me about purchasing my dress?
Once Wed uses an email system very similar to craigslist where each seller has a unique email address attached to their listing which allows us to protect who can and cannot contact you. We take care of setting everything up. Just be sure to include your email address in the appropriate box on the listing form and we’ll take care of the rest.
Never underestimate the power of a beautiful picture. Try and include pictures from your actual wedding. If this makes you uncomfortable, take some of just you in the dress. It is a lot easier for woman to get a feeling for the dress on a person rather than on a hanger
The description box below is for you to tell buyers all about your used wedding dress. A couple of examples:
* Tell the story of how you and your dress got together.
* Go into detail about any defects of the used wedding dress(tears,marks,etc.).
* Tell brides whether you are including shoes or a veil/headpiece in the sale of the used wedding dress.
* Try to answer the questions as accurately as possible, so you can avoid answering 40 different emails from women asking the same question.
* Deciding on a price really depends on you and the dress. Big designer name gowns will usually fetch more than lesser known gowns due to the retail price and popularity in the press.
* Most brides price their used wedding dress 25%-50% off the retail price.
* If your not receiving many inquiries for your gown, try lowering the price or offering a best offer option.
* Escrow.com works like a traditional escrow service acting as an intermediary, creating a secure transaction for both buyer and seller. You pay a small escrow fee to use their services, but they dont take a percentage of the dress(like paypal). This is the only service I recommend to my buyers.
* Paypal is another online payment option, but unfortunately they don’t offer any type of insurance or guarantee on the transaction like escrow.com.
* Money Orders/Cashiers Check are NEVER
A lot of women will offer a return policy to potential buyers with a 5% restocking fee, but most have an all sales are final policy. There are pro’s and con’s to both options, but it all depends on your comfort level and preference as the seller.
Disclaimer: Once Wed is NOT responsible for any transaction between a buyer and seller. It is up to the seller to do their own due diligence before selling a dress to verify the buyer is reputable and honest.