Today’s story is pretty special to us at Once Wed. Ashley is part of the Once Wed family, and we’re so excited to share her beautiful sunset engagement session from Lani Elias. Ashley and her now fiancé had been together for years, and she was thrilled when he finally popped the question. Read a little more from Ashley below about her proposal story.
Trevor and I had been dating for over 5 years when he proposed last December. Although I knew a proposal was coming, he managed to completely surprise me! His scheme involved his mom, an out of town uncle, important insurance documents, and me planning a date night in vain all to get me to a beautiful hotel room filled with candles and pictures of us. It was incredible!
We’re so excited that one of our favorite sponsors, NST Pictures, is back with a wedding videography giveaway! We introduced you to NST Pictures a few months ago, and since then, we’ve fallen even more in love! Keep reading to find out how to enter to win a full-length wedding video like this one from NST Pictures.
NST produces high-quality, cinematic-style wedding videos for their clients with packages starting at only $980. No matter your wedding budget, NST will work with you to create the perfect wedding videography package! They travel around the country, offering videography services in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and southern California. And if you live in a surrounding area, NST is happy to discuss coverage of your wedding at their regular pricing, plus additional travel fees.
As a full service company, NST can capture your Engagement, Save the Date, and your Wedding. How fun would it be to announce your engagement or wedding date with a beautiful video rather than a card? They specialize in creating keepsake wedding films that are long enough to highlight all of the most important details of your day, but short enough to watch over again. They can also be sent out to family and friends! Their cinematic-style Trailer and Feature Films come in increments of about 3 minutes, 10 minutes and 25 minutes. You don’t worry about the most important moments getting cut- they offer cleaned up, raw footage so you can relive every beautiful moment.
To win a beautiful, cinematic-style wedding videography package CLICK HERE!Don’t miss your chance to win a full videography package from NST Pictures worth $5,000! The contest ends on December 28, 2014.
Intimate and organically styled family photography sessions are such a precious way to capture a budding family, and Rylee Hitchner has a gift for capturing a family as they truly are. Emily, Brett, and Lily are all so sweet together, and Rylee has been beautifully photographing their journey as a family over the years.
From Once Wed’s own, Emily Newman:
The wonderfully talented Rylee Hitchner recently took some family photos for us and I couldn’t resist sharing them on Once Wed. We’ve been so fortunate to have Rylee documenting our family from the very beginning when I was still pregnant with Lily.
When I look at these photos, I love how perfectly they capture this sweet time in our lives with Lily. Every day I am greeted with “Momma, I need to give you a kiss” and the affection doesn’t stop until bedtime. I’m amazed at how compassionate and loving she is at such a young age, and I treasure these moments because I know how quick these younger years fly by. Lily is almost three, and fills our life with so much laughter, love, and fun. Thank you to my gracious friend, Rylee, for gracing the walls of our home with such beautiful memories.
It’s finally the holiday season, and with Christmas just a few weeks away, it’s time to start thinking about presents and wrapping! We loved working with Simone LeBlanc and Nancy Neil to create this elegant and unique DIY wrapping tutorial for you. Keep reading to find out more about Simone’s inspiration and for the full supply list and step-by-step tutorial!
I was inspired by old-world flora etchings and watercolors for this holiday DIY wrapping project. By using simple hand-made details such as a color printer, a touch of holiday shine and a few finishing touches, we turned the basic, ready-made kraft box into an elevated, elegant holiday wrapping collection.
1. Flora Fauna Images: Choose seasonal images with an antique feel in both black and white and color. I selected these greenery and flower images from Dover Pictur.
2. Kraft Label Paper: Paper Bag from Paper Source is the perfect kraft color. I love the full sheet label size as it’s so easy to print.
3. Kraft Boxes: Choose a few different sizes depending on the size of your various gifts. I like these from Paper Mart as they are affordable and versatile.
4. Sumi Paint: This paint is a more natural metallic and gives a beautiful luminescence when it’s painted on kraft. I bought this set at my local Blick.
5. Flat Paintbrush: Any kind of small brush will do.
6. Hemp Twine: For tying around your boxes (found here).
7. Wax Seal and Sealing Wax: Use a pre-designed seal or create your own. You can do both at Letter Seals. Bronze or copper sealing wax pairs really nicely with this color palette.
1. Print your flora and fauna images in different sizes on the kraft label paper.
2. Trim them to your box sizes and adhere to box tops, making sure to not seal the boxes shut when you do.
3. For an added touch of holiday sparkle, paint the edges of the box lightly with sumi paint. Don’t worry about being perfect here, just give it enough coverage to add some shine.
4. Pack up your box with it’s intended gift and when you’re ready to seal it up simply wrap your hemp twine around the box, twice in each direction.
5. Then seal at the cross point with your wax seal. Your gift is ready for giving!