With a tight budget and an eye for design, I created these unique centerpieces for my October 2007 barn wedding. There just happened to be a fallen tree in my parents backyard, so my Dad cut it up and saved it for the big day. I picked up all of the other items online or at local craft stores and with a little help from family & friends one afternoon, we created 28 one of a kind centerpieces. The wedding was an evening of rustic elegance – a look that you can create for your own wedding with just a few inexespensive items.
What you will need:
· slice of wood ( 11′ diam x 2.5′ h)
· glass cylinder vases ( 11’h, 9’h, 6’h x 3.5′ diam) you can find these at
Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michael’s Crafts, and Hobby Lobby
· pillar candles ( 3 varying heights to fit in each vase)
· ribbon & yarn
· fabric, wood, or dried flowers
· double sided tape
1. Cut 3 pieces of ribbon/yarn (one arms length per piece). Wrap each vase with ribbon/yarn. Attach ends of ribbon/yarn with double sided tape to surface of vase. I chose to wrap with a knobby yarn, satin ribbon, and grosgrain ribbon to create a variety of textures. I also wrapped the ribbon/yarn at different heights on each vase to create more interest.
2. Attach fabric/wood/dried flower to a piece of ribbon and tie around tallest vase.
3. Insert pillar candles into vases. arrange cluster of vases on wood slice, keeping the sides with the tape facing the center.
4. Arrange fabric/wood/dried flowers on wood slice around the vase cluster. Light the candles and enjoy your rustically elegant centerpiece!
FYI: The wooden flowers shown are no longer available for purchase. I would suggest creating fabric flowers or heading to a local craft store and picking up some dried botanicals. If you are interested in creating these centerpieces in large numbers, I would suggest ordering the vases in bulk.
Destination Wedding Modern and Glamorous Mediterranean Wedding in Dubrovnik
Every bit of this wedding is infused with just enough modern glamour to create the perfect ambiance.