Over the past few days you may have noticed we’ve been sharing advice for creative entrepreneurs and small business owners on pricing and profit.
We wanted to let you in on why we’ve been doing this.
After Joy and I released our last course we sent out a survey trying to gather more information on what our community was really struggling with; what they wanted to learn more about.
The results were fascinating – and also unanimous. Everyone was struggling with pricing. Here were the most common responses.
- Is there a “right way” to price my work? Pricing feels so arbitrary to me, like a big guessing game.
- I know my services are worth more than I’m charging, but if I increase my prices I won’t book enough clients.
- It’s hard to put a price on my creativity and my expertise. How do I communicate the true value of my service to clients?
- I want to be able to charge more (what I’m worth), and work less. But how do I set those boundaries in my personal and professional life?
- I have heard bits and pieces of information on all different pricing models, but I struggle with pulling it all together and applying it to my business.
- At what point is my skill and expertise strong enough to raise my prices?
- I’m booking a high percentage of inquiries, but I still don’t feel confident in what I’m charging.
Do these resonate with you?
It was obvious to both Joy and I that we needed to create a course to help address these concerns, but neither of us are pricing experts, which is why we reached out to Shanna Skidmore.
Shanna is a business strategist and financial coach who specializes in working with creative entrepreneurs. She has a degree in business and psychology, and she took every art class she ever could at college. She’s worked in the finance, fashion and wedding industry so she’s uniquely positioned to understand the nuances of the needs and situations faced by creatives.
We’ve also seen first-hand how Shanna has completely transformed several of our friends’ creative businesses and lives through the principles she has taught them.
Because we know more of you need Shanna’s help than she has hours in the day, having her write a digital course for us was the best way we could make her teaching affordable and accessible.
The result is Pricing for Creatives – a 120 page digital course to take you from surviving to thriving in your business. Whether you’re just starting out or are an established business owner, we’re confident you will find tremendous value in this course.
CLICK HERE to be taken to the course website and read more.
The course has been officially released today and is on sale until February 11.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
BUY YOUR DRESS ON ONCE WED
A sweet romance that started at just 15 years old, comes to its biggest moment in an outdoor ranch wedding with wildflower inspired details!