We’re so excited to share this simple brunch recipe from Katelyn Hardwick with you all today! A quick and easy recipe like this would be perfect for a bridal brunch or keep this little gem of a recipe in your pocket for your first days at home after the honeymoon! Serve these gorgeous crostini on beautiful Vietri platters from your Zola Registry – the all-in-one, completely customizable registry that we can’t get enough of – to elevate your meal to the next level. And remember, Once Wed readers get $25 toward their registry when you sign up today!
Simple Asparagus and Poached Egg Crostini
-1 small bunch of asparagus (ends chopped off)
-2 tsp white vinegar
-1 baguette or rustic loaf of bread (sliced on the angle and toasted)
-Pea shoot micro greens (or any other sprouts or micros that you prefer)
-Salt & pepper to garnish
-2 ripe avocados
-1 lemon, juiced
-2 small cloves of garlic, minced
-Salt & pepper
1. Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice, set aside. Fill a medium sized saucepan halfway with water, bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and let cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute depending on thickness of asparagus. Drain. Place asparagus in ice bath and let them sit for 5 minutes. Drain.
2. Cutting at an angle slice the loaf of bread into 1 inch slices. Spread slices with olive oil and toast in pan until golden brown.
3. Chop and smash the avocados in a bowl. Add the lemon juice, minced lemon juice and salt and pepper. Combine well.
4. Spread avocado smear onto toasts.
5. Fill a large saucepan with water. Add 2 tsp. white vinegar and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile, crack 1 egg into a small ramekin. Quickly stir the water in one direction until spinning. Carefully drop the cracked egg into the center. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and place on top of a crostini. Repeat for each additional crostini. Garnish with drizzled olive oil, micro greens and salt & pepper to taste.
While most of us wouldn't be brave enough to host an outdoor ceremony during winter, this beautiful setting seems to beg for it. This old dock in front of a quite pond is accented with florals and blankets in a muted palette that don't detract from the greyed wood, while handmade ice candles give a delicate nod to the season. Read on for incredible winter wedding flower inspiration!
BUY YOUR DRESS ON ONCE WED
We know that many of you are planning your wedding on your mobile device, so with the launch of our new website this week, we're thrilled to point out that the brand new Once Wed is way more mobile-ready and user friendly. Viewing posts and slideshows on the new Once Wed mobile site has never been easier!