When do I send out my wedding invitations?
- Traditionally, invitations go out six to eight weeks before the wedding.
- Start addressing the invitations 3 months before the wedding. If using a calligrapher, they might need 4 months prior.
When should the deadline be for RSVP’s?
- Make the deadline for RSVP’s for 2-3 weeks prior to the wedding.
Is it different for destination weddings?
- Send out wedding invitations three months ahead of time.
- Ask for RSVP’s 3-4 weeks before the departure date.
How do I estimate how many people will come to the wedding?
- If you send your invitations out 6 to 8 weeks in advance, the likelihood is that most of them will come. So estimate that 85% of them will attend. Don’t forget to account for plus ones, if you’ve invited them.
- Out of town acceptance rate is around 85% for family and 40% for friends. For most couples, a safe estimate of acceptance rate for out-of-town guests is 55%.
- (# of out of town guests * 65%) + (# of local guests * 90%) = total # estimated to attend.
- It’s a good idea to make an A list and a B list. Send your a list invitations out 8 weeks in advance. As you start to get acceptances and declines, you can start inviting some of the people from your B list.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
Searching for your bridal and bridesmaid gowns? Today we’re thrilled to share with all of you brides-to-be our favorite pieces from the new collections from Jenny Yoo, the brand new bridal collection “Jenny by Jenny Yoo” and the 2017 Bridesmaid Collection!