Much of the time the focus of wedding planning goes onto the details of the wedding day itself…the flowers, the cake, the favors. But today we’re featuring a wedding where the experience of the wedding became the priority. Olly and Duncan gave their guests an incredible gift: time together, and not only that, they spent their nuptial weekend celebrating in one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Read on for more from the photographer and the bride.
“Olly’s family owns an amazing house called The Grasshopper on the stunning private island of Mustique. She’s been going there all her life and knows every rock, every bay, and all the locals.
When Olly and Duncan emailed me asking if I was available to shoot their wedding celebration in Mustique I literally had to pinch myself! And after pinching myself I had to Google “Mustique.” It seriously was a wedding photographers dream come true to be flown to a private island in the Caribbean and to shoot the entire week with super fun, relaxed, beautiful people. What’s better than being surrounded by nature and stunning sea and having a personal house keeper who makes sure we are fed and watered? We met everyone upon arrival, and I knew we would have a great time together!
The young couple decided to fly over their closest friends and family and celebrate with style! There is a cute little church made out of bamboo which Olly thought would be perfect for their wedding ceremony, and the incredible beaches are great for BBQ parties too.
We had a week full of entertainment and relaxation: beach lunches, hammock swinging, and a snorkeling day for all the wedding guests where we took a catamaran boat ride to the Tobago Keys and swam with turtles.
Olly says: “I spent ages and ages and ages looking at photographers’ websites, getting recommendations from people, and researching until I found Ana Lui. She has an absolutely beautiful style – very soft yet vibrant. I love how Ana Lui captured the day; the pictures are almost dream like, and she didn’t miss a moment.”
I have asked Olly to write few tips for future Mustique brides!
1. ‘Vincy Black Cake’, which is the local specialty (fruit cake with a LOT of booze,) is the best cake for weddings, period.
2. Soft, light, and delicate wedding dresses are the best for tropics. I got mine from Amanda Wakeley’s shop in Chelsea, London.
3. Our best idea was to jump in the pool at midnight! Mustique is great for partying till the morning hours!
4. You need to know how to do your hair or fly someone with you, because there aren’t any hairdressers on the island!
5. Keep it local! Mustique and St. Lucia and Grenadines have so much to offer. Rum, music, fresh fish, BBQs and reefs filled with marine life! We organized a pre-wedding BBQ and farewell catamaran trip to Tabago Keys for our guests. It was simply amazing experience.”
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
Featured How to Master Your Wedding Registry
If I knew then what I know now, I would register for our wedding completely differently. We want to share that with all of you, so today, we’ve partnered with Zolato teach you how to master your wedding registry, with as little stress as possible.