We both consider ourselves creative to some degree, but our crafting skills were really tested with this wedding. Nate is a designer and created our wedding invitations with some of my concepts collected from religiously following blogs. We spent many nights scouring vendors for paper, cheesecloth, envelopes, etc for the invites. We ended up using an incredible husband and wife team based in Oakland to letterpress the veneer and pre-wedding BBQ pages. We screen printed our logo on the cheese cloth bags for the invites as well as the welcome bags for guests, which included some yummies, a night light, Kleenex, a Big Sur postcard, and a “Details” trifold with all the information on the weekend festivities for our guests, which Nate also designed.
As for other DIY projects:
• My mom made the table runners and beautiful napkins, which have all been sent as thank you gifts to our family and friends who helped out a ton with the wedding. They were one of the biggest labors of love.
• We made the ceremony programs and tied rusty old bells on each one (sourced from eBay) that each guest rang when the ceremony wrapped up.
• Stir sticks for the signature cocktail and lemonade with our logo.
• We ordered flowers online and created centerpieces and bouquets the day before.
• Thumbprint Wedding Tree; idea came from other weddings. Nate made it ours.• We printed each guest’s first name on canvas then attached them to stamped wood tags for table assignments.
My cousin is a chef in Southern California and ordered the desserts from a vendor of her restaurants’ the Tuesday before the wedding. The desserts were a HUGE hit and they looked pretty too! Our caterer was wonderful to work with and provided a delicious meal for all 80 guests, who are still talking about how great the food was.
My wedding dress is from the Vineyard Collection, Priscilla of Boston. Sweater is from Anthopologie. Bridesmaid dresses are from JCrew. Groomsmen’s suits are from H&M. Groom’s Suit is Ted Baker.
Kelty, from Steep Street did a perfect job capturing everything about the day. Our photographers were with us the entire day and really felt like long time friends from the moment we met. In fact, they were truly the key witnesses to all the special intimate moments we had throughout the day and I think they really captured our excitement and love for each other.
To see more images from this beautiful wedding, check out Steep Street’s blog right here.