As we’ve told you previously, attending a workshop with Joy Thigpen is the best thing you can do for your work, whether you are a photographer, stylist or floral or event designer.
A renowned teacher and leader in the field of creative direction and styling, in this workshop Joy pulls back the curtain on her process of designing weddings and shoots that are unparalleled in their beauty and cohesiveness.
The Creative Direction & Styling workshop offers an in-depth look at:
- -How to develop and honour your artistic voice
- -How to guide your client or creative team towards greater intentionality and meaning
- -How to create a great image
- -What publishers (including Once Wed) are looking for and what makes a submission successful
- -The role of creative director vs designer vs stylist
- -The fundamentals of styling paper, flowers, models and more
- -How to make a living at your dream
Because this work is so valuable, we’re excited to announce Once Wed is sponsoring tuition for one person to attend Joy’s next workshop. The contest will take place on Instagram.
To enter follow @joythigpenworkshops, regram the #joythigpengiveaway image and include the following: “Hey @oncewed! I want to attend the next #joythigpenworkshop @joythigpenworkshops” along with a few words of why you want to attend. The contest ends at 12 pm on Saturday January 10th, the winner will be announced on Instagram later that day.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the workshop.
”Joy’s insight into the wedding market and business changed my whole perspective on how I should be running my own business. I loved the balance she made between philosophy and practical business knowledge. I gained so much more confidence in my mission and my work and I felt like the weight of self-doubt was removed when I stepped onto the plane to fly home.” Kae of Kae & Ales
“The best workshop I’ve been to in terms of depth of content.” Stefanie Miles