Having concerns during your wedding planning is normal. So many questions can run through your head. Is our “save the date” early enough? Did the invites have stamps on them? Will Aunt Agnes be able to make it? Will Uncle Sam be okay sitting next to his brother?
A lot can happen from saying “yes” to the dress to then saying “I do” to the groom. Here are a few tips to consider for your wedding planning process:
- Stay organized! Spreadsheets may not be romantic, but they can serve a purpose during this time in your life.
- Set a budget, and stick to it! Openly discuss finances with your fiancé and your family.
- Create a timeline to prevent as many surprises as possible.
- Make up your own mind, but be open to advice. Everyone has opinions, perhaps some that you may not want to hear. But don’t shut everyone out. People you know have been down this road before – friends and family may have some great advice to share.
- Create a “wedding free zone.” Have days where you don’t talk about your wedding at all, and allow yourself time for some rest and relaxation.
- Think ahead to the possible “what if’s” that could arise on your wedding day. Having an outdoor ceremony? Don’t let unpredictable weather ruin it. Try to find a venue that will have a backup plan if a storm knocks on your big day’s door.
- As much as you’ll plan for the perfect guest list, remember that some who said they would attend, might not. On the other hand, you might end up with a few surprise guests! Keep a few table options in mind to try and balance it out.
- Protect your investment. Your wedding is a huge milestone in your life and can become quite pricey. Wedding protection can add some peace of mind, knowing that if a sudden illness, damaged property, no-show vendors, or drunk cousin Steve decide to mess up your big day, you have extra protection.
- Above all, remember the bigger picture while you’re putting together all of the details. Your big day is more than flowers and seating charts; it’s a celebration of love with your family and friends!
While nothing should get in the way of your detailed plans coming to life on your special day, every now and then, things happen. Be sure to find ways to stay calm and de-stress, since you have done everything to be prepared.
Excerpt: With Provence as your setting, it's inevitable that your anniversary photo session will have an incredible amount of beauty in it.