When women regularly wore pin curls in the 40’s, the look always evoked an elegant glamorous feel. We love the idea of updating this classic style to better suit a looser, more organic aesthetic that women today are seeking. While a little time-consuming, this style is easy to mimic and so beautiful!
DIY Modern Pin Curls
-Pin curl clips or bobby pins
-Hairspray, medium hold
1. Start with a side part.
2. Taking 1-2 inch sections, roll hair around fingers into a curl, toward the face.
3. While holding the curl, gently flat iron the curl off and on for 3-5 seconds, and pin in place when complete.
4. Continue to section, curl, and pin until entire head is pinned.
5. Allow to cool and set for 10-15 minutes.
6. Gently remove pins and allow the curls to fall naturally.
7. Brush out the curls to create soft waves, and spray with hairspray.