The internet has become inundated with makeup tutorials, especially since the advent of Pinterest, but there is something special about Los Angeles based makeup artist Amy Clarke’s work that makes it stand out amongst the others floating around the web. It’s always such a treat for us to get a makeup tutorial from Amy and recently, we’ve been lucky enough for her to send over a few more! Amy creates tutorials that truly aim to enhance a woman’s natural beauty rather than mask it. We are in love with Amy’s organic style, and she couldn’t make it any easier to recreate these natural looks yourself.
Don’t be afraid to try and recreate this absolutely gorgeous look. If you’re looking for a really organic makeup style for your bridal shower or engagement pictures, this tutorial may be a way for you to do your makeup on your own! And this style is polished yet so effortless that you could wear it on a daily basis (the 5 minutes it takes to do it doesn’t hurt either). Aren’t we all looking for a full-proof routine that you can whip out right before work every day after you roll out of bed? Once you have the materials for this easy tutorial, it takes not time at all! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Amy Clarke has outlined the tutorial below and Bryce Covey provided us with these absolutely gorgeous images to go along with them.
The 5 Minute Face
1. + 2. Apply a tinted moisturizer using a duo-blending brush all over face. I love Jane Iredale’s Blending brush and Coola Organic Tinted Moisturizer in Rose Essence, SPF 20.
3. + 4. Apply Concealer under your eyes and on any blemishes or sunspots, and blend in with your fingers or blending brush. I used Tarte’s Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in “Medium”.
5. +6. Next, apply a cream blush or cheek stain to the apples of your cheeks, and blend back towards the sides of your face using your fingers. Try Tarte’s Cheek Stain in “Natural Beauty”.
7. Fill in any sparse eyebrow spots, using an eyebrow pencil in a shade one or two shades lighter than your hair color. My absoulte favortie Eyebrow Pencil is Anastasia Beverly Hill’s Brow Wiz Eyebrow Pencil in “Ash Blonde”.
8. Set your makeup using a loose powder. Apply only to the the T-zone area, around your nose and under eyes. Try Laura Mercier’s loose powder in “Ivory”.
9. +10. Curl your Lashes and Apply mascara. Curl one set of lashes at a time, and apply mascara immediately after before moving to the next eye. This will ensure the curliest lashes! Try Kevyn Aucoin’s lash curler! I think it’s the most perfect lash curler out there. I used elf brand lengthening & Defining mascara.
11. Finish your look by apply a natural colored lipstick and gloss on your lips. No need for lip liner when you’re using a lipstick close to your natural lip color. I used Paul & Joe’s lipstick in “Candied Rose” and a yummy Victoria’s Secret Lipgloss in “Citrus Kissed”.
ProTip: The fewer brushes you use, the faster you will be at applying your makeup. Try using your fingers to blend instead of grabbing for another brush. Fingers are the best makeup applicator.