I’m always scouring the internet for braid tutorials because the braids of my childhood just don’t cut it as an adult. I look for braids that have a sophisticated, yet casual feeling to them, and they must be easy for me to recreate on my own. I don’t always have time to sit in front of a mirror for an hour or two fussing with my hair, so a quick and simple braid is always my go-to for a day-to-day look. If you’ve ever looked for hair tutorials, you may have noticed that the internet is a bit lacking in this casual and simple genre of braids, but we can always count on Bryce Covey to supply us with absolutely stunning and easy tutorials.
This French braid style tutorial, sent over by Bryce and Heidi Garrett, is perfect for a really chic everyday hairstyle. I’m also really like this romantic side braid as an alternative to traditional wedding up-dos. This chic, and slightly bohemian braid would look gorgeous for a more casual affair or on a bride looking to let her hair down (literally) after her ceremony.
The Romantic Side Braid
1) Create a deep side part and pull all hair to the opposite side.
2) Begin a regular French braid at the top, near the part.
3) Continue creating the French braid along the side/hairline moving towards the ear.
4+5) Add hair from the opposite side by taking horizontal sections and bringing them around to the front where the braid is located.
6) Continue taking even sections to add to both sides of the braid, making sure the braid remains located along the hairline.
7) Once you have placed all the loose hair into the braid, continue braiding the tail and secure with a clear rubber band.
8) Spray with finishing spray.
9) Loosen braid to desired size.
If you have thinner or shorter hair, add clip-in or permanent extensions to create more fullness and length.
Let us know if you try out this romantic side braid on your wedding day, or even just running errands around town. We’d love to know how this gorgeous style works out for our brides!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
When a meal is thoughtfully prepared and authentically staged, you just know it has to be good. Add in friends, family and some of the prettiest natural scenery around and you've got a provincial fairytale in the making. This story is all the inspiration you need for an intimate, idyllic wedding in the countryside.