Here are a few frames of Martha and the process of her messy French Twist to inspire your next event from Irrelephant. Keep your french twist modern by letting the imperfections fall and letting your natural texture take its course. The key to this look is the texture. Having silky clean hair is not going to do you any favors for this. Make sure the hair has grit but still has movement. I had such a hard time narrowing down a favorite, I’m including the finished hairstyle look on a dark and lighter background. Enjoy!
1. Start by prepping the hair with Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. Spray generously and quickly blow dry in cold setting and dry with fingers. We added Bumble and Bumble Dry Spun Finish to the mix to add that airy feel to the ends.
2. Take your comb and start teasing the crown section. Add a little bit of tease to the sides and lightly tease the ends as well.
3. With your fingers, lightly “comb” all the hair back as if you’re about to do a mid pony.
4. Follow through to the ends and start rolling the ends to the direction you want the twist in. We rolled to the left.
5. Keep rolling until you reach the head, this is also the part where you can “poof” out the crown a bit and loosen it up.
6. Now that you have the shape you want, go a head and pin the twist to the rest of the hair. *Pin the bobby’s as if you’re crocheting through the hair so you don’t flatten the twist. Lock it down by spraying.
Photography and Tutorial: Irrelephant
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
With Santorini in the background, we're excited to show you modern and artistic wedding dress ideas!