I’m excited to see what 2013 for weddings especially if it means bringing back the chignon. We teamed up with hair and makeup extraordinaire, Jordan Byers, to bring you a wedding hairstyles for long hair twist on the classic chignon. Scroll down further to see the complete tutorial for wedding hairstyles for long hair. Enjoy!
1. Pull hair into a low pony tail.
2. Section hair into two parts: about one third in one section and two thirds in the other.
3. Twist the larger section into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
4. Smooth out the smaller section and pull it up loosely over the bun–secure the middle of that section to the top/base of the bun leaving the tail loose.
5. Separate the tail into two equal sized sections and tie them together once like you would at the beginning of tying a bow or shoe lace.
6. Wrap around and pin down the rest of those tails underneath the bun.
Ta-da! A simple yet chic updo for your very long hair.
Photographer Katie Grant recently travelled to Indonesia, where she photographed this modern bridal fashion editorial in the Prambanan Temple, an 9th century Hindu temple, revered as the most beautiful Hindu temple in the world. The expansive stone complex became the perfect setting for this modern bridal fashion inspiration: a chic column gown and simple greenery bouquet are a stunning contrast to the ancient setting.