Being in the wedding industry, we meet a lot of brides, and just as many clueless grooms. We often see grooms wandering around looking for help with their bow ties, cuffs, and pocket squares with nervous hands twitching and moving about. For all of you grooms, or you brides looking to help out your main man, we’re here to help with a quick and easy step-by-step on how to tie a bow tie and later today, how to fold a pocket square! Keep reading for the instructions.
1. Start with the left end 1 1/2″ longer than the right end.
2. Slip the short end under the long end.
3. Pull the longer end over and under to create a knot.
4. Now form shorter end into a bow by doubling up shorter end and placing it across the collar points.
5. Hold this front loop with your thumb and forefinger of your left hand. Drop long end down over front.
6. Place forefinger pointing up, on bottom half of hanging part. Pass up behind front loop.
6. Poke resulting loop through the knot behind the front loop. Tighten until the ends are even.
After scrolling through this post, we hope you're seeing color in a completely new way. This vibrant autumn editorial shoot combines amazing wedding flower inspiration and one of our top colors for 2017 (yellow!) in a modern but still elegant way, thanks to this rich shade of ochre.