I am so excited to share this beautiful tutorial from Ginny Au, Holly Hollon, and Erich McVey on Once Wed. Ginny and Holly recently collaborated on a simple step by step tutorial showing us how to recreate these beautiful, watercolor escort card at home. Ginny used delicate pins to display them here, but the options are endless for displaying escort cards at your wedding. Enjoy!
- watercolor paints
- watercolor brush
- heavy professional grade paper, BFK Reeves or Stonhenge is recommended, make sure that the paper texture is not too rough, this would inhibit the calligrapher from writing on the paper (purchased at an art supply store)
- metal ruler
- glass of water
- cutting mat
1. Tear paper into 3 inch strips
2. Using the strips of paper, tear them into 3.5 inch pieces
3. Mix a palette of colors (for example, yellow, orange, pink)
4. Create washes on the pieces of torn paper using the range of colors from the palette
5. Let Cards dry for 24 hours before writing on them, this ensures that they are completely dry so the ink will not bleed. Send to the calligrapher or try doing your own calligraphy with a diy calligraphy kit.
6. We pinned our diy wedding watercolor escort cards to a linen board with delicate pins, but the options for display are limitless.
Destination Wedding Destination Wedding in Thailand with Gorgeous White and Green Wedding Flower
This organic, elegant destination wedding in Thailand is full of gorgeous flowers that you can't mis!
While most of us wouldn't be brave enough to host an outdoor ceremony during winter, this beautiful setting seems to beg for it. This old dock in front of a quite pond is accented with florals and blankets in a muted palette that don't detract from the greyed wood, while handmade ice candles give a delicate nod to the season. Read on for incredible winter wedding flower inspiration!
Featured How to Master Your Wedding Registry
If I knew then what I know now, I would register for our wedding completely differently. We want to share that with all of you, so today, we’ve partnered with Zolato teach you how to master your wedding registry, with as little stress as possible.
BUY YOUR DRESS ON ONCE WED
Destination Wedding Ideas Tropical Wedding Inspiration with Modern, Minimalist Vibes
We’re finding ourselves drawn more and more to less lately. Less details, less styling, less clutter. This tropical wedding inspiration shoot explores modern, minimalist vibes and we can’t get enough!