How adorable is the project Laurie sent in for her feature today? I love how even after the reception these charming napkin rings could be used again for festive dinner parties or the everyday meal. Oh, and the fabrics Laurie chose are too cute together!
Fabric ( a 2” x 2” scrap for each button)
Cover Buttons ( 1 ½” in diameter, one per napkin ring)
Ribbon ( 6” length per ring, 1” wide)
Fabric: “Leaf Honeycomb” by Joelle Hoverson and Moda “Green Butterfly
Lace” available at Purlsoho.com
All other supplies available and fabric and craft stores.
1. Begin by ironing your fabric so it’s free of wrinkles. Follow the
instructions on the cover button package to create your buttons. There
are several styles of cover buttons. With all, you’ll be cutting a
circle of your fabric with their template, stretching the fabric over the
top of the button, then snapping the back on the button. ( see figure 1
2. Cut a length of ribbon 6 inches long. Run the ribbon through the
metal loop on the back, so the finished button is centered on the
ribbon with the right side of the ribbon facing up. (see figure 3)
3. Pull the ends of the ribbon up so the right sides meet. The button
will be inside, facing up towards the ribbon ends. (see figure 4)
4. Approximately 1/4 of an inch from the ribbon edges, do a straight
stitch to close the “ring”. Tie off your thread with a sturdy knot.
Trim away loose threads. (see figure 5)
5. Turn the ring you just created right side out, so the button is on
top. Pull the ribbon through the metal loop of the button until the seam
you just stitched is directly beneath, and hidden by the button. (see
6. Make one napkin ring per guest. Mix and match your fabrics to liven
up the tables. ( see figure 7)
7. Fold the napkin in half, roll it, and slide through the ring and place.
Budget: ( to create one napkin ring)
Fabric – $. 03 (you can get almost 400 buttons out of a single yard of
Cover button – $.75 each
Total Spent $.98 each
Project created by Laurie Cinotto
With Santorini in the background, we're excited to show you modern and artistic wedding dress ideas!