If you’re looking for a more laid-back, yet sexy, hairstyle for your wedding, we love the idea of this tousled layered ponytail from Mimi & Taylor. We adored working with them to create a simple and elegant look for either you or your maids to pair with a casual, flowing gown like this Rick Owens dress that we featured during the Erich McVey Workshop. Keep reading for the full tutorial!
Tousled Layered Ponytail
1. Divide hair into two parts (top half and bottom half).
2. Tie lower part into ponytail.
3. Loosen top portion of hair, select a smaller section on top and lightly twist using bobby pins to secure in back.
4. Take small sections of each side while overlapping in the back with bobby pins (a layer at a time), until all the hair has been overlapped above the ponytail.
5. Use a hair bungee band to tie both the excess-layered hair strands and pony tail together.
6. Conceal the hair band by wrapping a small section of the hair from ponytail. Secure using bobby pins.
Tell us- would you rock a sexy, tousled look like this on your wedding or is this something you would want your bridesmaids to wear?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
BUY YOUR DRESS ON ONCE WED
One of the best things about a wedding is that it gives so many opportunities for families and friends to come together and celebrate, from engagement parties to bridal showers to the rehearsal dinner! Today, we're sharing some of the memories from Stephanie and Anton's casual rehearsal dinner, complete with some really fun Argentinian traditions.