If you’re looking for a more laid-back, yet sexy, hairstyle for your wedding, we love the idea of this tousled layered ponytail from Mimi & Taylor. We adored working with them to create a simple and elegant look for either you or your maids to pair with a casual, flowing gown like this Rick Owens dress that we featured during the Erich McVey Workshop. Keep reading for the full tutorial!
Tousled Layered Ponytail
1. Divide hair into two parts (top half and bottom half).
2. Tie lower part into ponytail.
3. Loosen top portion of hair, select a smaller section on top and lightly twist using bobby pins to secure in back.
4. Take small sections of each side while overlapping in the back with bobby pins (a layer at a time), until all the hair has been overlapped above the ponytail.
5. Use a hair bungee band to tie both the excess-layered hair strands and pony tail together.
6. Conceal the hair band by wrapping a small section of the hair from ponytail. Secure using bobby pins.
Tell us- would you rock a sexy, tousled look like this on your wedding or is this something you would want your bridesmaids to wear?
While we're always fans of weddings filled with beautiful, unique ideas so that we can show them to you, we know that not every couple is concerned about the small touches or has the budget to be able to do everything they wish they could. On this rainy wedding day in Oregon, the aesthetic focus was on the couple's amazing style, a beautiful stationery suite, and a dainty bridal bouquet -- and it's perfectly fine to leave it at that.
If you're engaged already, then you know what it feels like to wake up for the first time after the proposal,. Surreal and exciting, filled with hope and contentment. Throughout the wedding planning process, many couples lose sight of those emotions and that hope. With this simple at-home couple's photo session, we hope you're inspired to wake up every day with thankfulness, excitement, and joy for the coming wedding.