How fun is this DIY Rope Braid Updo from Heidi Marie Garrett, Amy Clarke, and Bryce Covey? We loved this updo because 1. it’s fun! 2. it’s unexpected 3. it’s classy and playful all at the same time. Would you be bold enough to wear an unexpected wedding hairstyle like this? Tell us your thoughts!
Below are the full step by step tutorial on how to recreate this beautiful rope braid at home
1) Separate hair into four sections: two side sections and two back sections
2) Place the section located at the crown into a ponytail and create two braids
3) Loosen each braid by gently pulling on each loop
4) Lay the first braid across the top of the head and secure with bobby pins
5) Lay the second braid across the top of the head and secure with bobby pins
6) Braid the back section UP
7) Loop and roll the back braid up to join the first set of braids and secure with bobby pins
8) Twist the first side section and place it up and over the top of the head
9) Twist the second side section and place it up over the top of the head and secure with bobby pins
Once you have finished securing all the hair with bobby pins, gently pull on small sections of the braids and twists to create a more tousled look.
If I knew then what I know now, I would register for our wedding completely differently. We want to share that with all of you, so today, we’ve partnered with Zolato teach you how to master your wedding registry, with as little stress as possible.