It doesn’t seem like we’ll ever tire of a beautiful fishtail braid. This elegant style gives you a playful, yet very sophisticated look that you can easily wear your entire wedding day without having to fuss over your hair. Kylie Swanson and Heather Hawkins put together this lovely tutorial during their time in New York, and we love this fresh version of a long fishtail braid. Keep reading for the full tutorial.
The Fishtail Braid
1) Begin with loose curls and natural texture for a messier braid, or brush your hair out first for a smoother look.
2) Create a deep side part and pull all hair over to one side.
3) Piece the hair into two ponytails, and take a piece from the first side and pass it to the second side.
4) Next, take a piece from the second side and pass it back to the first side.
5) Continue taking even sections until the braid is finished and wrap with a clear elastic.
6) Gently pull on the pieces of the braid to loosen to the desired size.
Tip: Start with one or two day old hair to achieve a more textured braid.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
Have you always wanted to create a custom diamond engagement ring, but not known how to go about it? Maybe you received a stunning, unique engagement ring but can’t find a wedding band to match it, or you’ve been searching for the perfect diamond earrings for your wedding day but can’t quite find what you’re looking for? Let us point you in the new direction, to our newest sponsors, Diamond Wish and DiamondStuds.com!