We loved featuring some new wedding ideas from Lora and Eric Kelley, and we can’t get over this amazing updo that Lora Kelley styled. Today we’re excited to show you how you can recreate this unique wedding hairstyle for your own big day! Keep reading for the full tutorial.
1. Curl the hair (spraying pieces with hot sets by redken) + clip into place
2. Take the hair down and tousle
3. Tease the hair at the root and ends, and clip up the top piece
4. Use clear fishing line + plastic needle to sew pieces up
5. Finish off by using a colored thread (gold pictured) I thought neon would be fun, too!
6. Loosen up by tugging on pieces to get the effect you want
7. Spray that hair! (using Redken Forceful)
Hair and makeup: Lora Kelley | Photography: Eric Kelley | Video: Caleb Jordan Lee with East West | Shirt: Need Supply | Earrings: Netaporter | Necklace: Catbird NYC | Fishing Thread/Sewing Needle/Gold thread: Michael’s
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
While we're always fans of weddings filled with beautiful, unique ideas so that we can show them to you, we know that not every couple is concerned about the small touches or has the budget to be able to do everything they wish they could. On this rainy wedding day in Oregon, the aesthetic focus was on the couple's amazing style, a beautiful stationery suite, and a dainty bridal bouquet -- and it's perfectly fine to leave it at that.