We loved featuring some new wedding ideas from Lora and Eric Kelley, and we can’t get over this amazing updo that Lora Kelley styled. Today we’re excited to show you how you can recreate this unique wedding hairstyle for your own big day! Keep reading for the full tutorial.
1. Curl the hair (spraying pieces with hot sets by redken) + clip into place
2. Take the hair down and tousle
3. Tease the hair at the root and ends, and clip up the top piece
4. Use clear fishing line + plastic needle to sew pieces up
5. Finish off by using a colored thread (gold pictured) I thought neon would be fun, too!
6. Loosen up by tugging on pieces to get the effect you want
7. Spray that hair! (using Redken Forceful)
Hair and makeup: Lora Kelley | Photography: Eric Kelley | Video: Caleb Jordan Lee with East West | Shirt: Need Supply | Earrings: Netaporter | Necklace: Catbird NYC | Fishing Thread/Sewing Needle/Gold thread: Michael’s
We know that many of you are planning your wedding on your mobile device, so with the launch of our new website this week, we're thrilled to point out that the brand new Once Wed is way more mobile-ready and user friendly. Viewing posts and slideshows on the new Once Wed mobile site has never been easier!
It's customary for Chinese couples to have their wedding photos taken in advance of the wedding, leaving them plenty of time on their wedding days to enjoy the company of their guests and really revel in their celebrations. Today's couple, Janes and Osson, decided to fall suit with this tradition, taking their elegant pre-wedding photos in California (their wedding recently took place in Hong Kong!).