I’ve realized after blogging for a little over a year now how much sucker I am for anything rustic. Yes, the theme has been used a lot recently in weddings, but I still love it and I don’t think anything says more “woodland rustic chic” than a cake stand made out of real wood pieces. Are you throwing an indoor wedding and having difficulty bringing the outdoors in? How about surprising guests with 4- 5 log stands on a dessert table with mini cakes and pies on top and flowers scattered everywhere?
Cross-cut wood plaques can be found in your local craft store or online at Hofcraft. The come in a variety of sizes ranging from 5 inches to 12 inches in diameter. They are usually found in the section with the wood-burning kits and other wood crafts. They are clean, sanded and ready to use.
1. Take your tree limb section and wipe the cut surface clean. Put a generous amount of extra strong wood glue on the surface. (see figure 1)
2. Place the limb section in the center of the back side your wood plaque and press down firmly. Wipe away any excess glue with a clean, damp cloth. (see figure 2)
3. Place the two joined pieces in a wood clamp and let dry for at least one hour. If you don’t have a wood clamp, you can stack a few heavy books on top of your pedestal until it’s dry. (see figure 3)
4. Use your pedestals to display cakes and desserts (see figure 4) or use as a base for a centerpiece. If you want to place food directly on the wood surface, coat it first with a food-safe wood sealer. If you would like to keep the wood it’s natural color, place a piece of parchment paper beneath your cake or dessert.
We always think the most beautiful inspiration for weddings comes from nature. After all, Mother Nature has done a wonderful job, hasn't she? In today's featured editorial, the creative team elected to work with a very simple, pared-down palette of green and brown, both usually found as the base colors in nature. Highlighting the beauty of these natural tones caused them to push the bounds of their creativity, resulting in a beautiful combination of simple, natural designs with a modern aesthetic.
BUY YOUR DRESS ON ONCE WED
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES...
- Sumptuous Wedding At a Private California Home
- Commercial Photography with Kara Mercer From If I Made
- Glamorous Waterfront San Francisco Wedding Simply Styled With Succulents and Eucalyptus
- The Colors of Italy's Landscape and History Splash Shades of Blue, Orange, and Gold on this Poolside Editorial