When do I send out my wedding invitations?
- Traditionally, invitations go out six to eight weeks before the wedding.
- Start addressing the invitations 3 months before the wedding. If using a calligrapher, they might need 4 months prior.
When should the deadline be for RSVP’s?
- Make the deadline for RSVP’s for 2-3 weeks prior to the wedding.
Is it different for destination weddings?
- Send out wedding invitations three months ahead of time.
- Ask for RSVP’s 3-4 weeks before the departure date.
How do I estimate how many people will come to the wedding?
- If you send your invitations out 6 to 8 weeks in advance, the likelihood is that most of them will come. So estimate that 85% of them will attend. Don’t forget to account for plus ones, if you’ve invited them.
- Out of town acceptance rate is around 85% for family and 40% for friends. For most couples, a safe estimate of acceptance rate for out-of-town guests is 55%.
- (# of out of town guests * 65%) + (# of local guests * 90%) = total # estimated to attend.
- It’s a good idea to make an A list and a B list. Send your a list invitations out 8 weeks in advance. As you start to get acceptances and declines, you can start inviting some of the people from your B list.
BUY YOUR DRESS ON ONCE WED
Destination Wedding Modern and Glamorous Mediterranean Wedding in Dubrovnik
Every bit of this wedding is infused with just enough modern glamour to create the perfect ambiance.