Gown was purchased from designer boutique in Chicago, Belle Vie Bridal Couture. Worn once in Sept 2010. I fell in love with the simple, yet modern design. The cut was very flattering on my body type. I have an hourglass figure and it minimized my bust and hips. The satin material is very high quality and a true white color. It complimented my olive skin tone well. The train is amazing! I still have friends commenting on how much they loved the train of my gown. It’s simple and elegant yet very memorable. The cut of the gown it A-line so it was very comfortable to dance in all night.
This is what St. Pucchi describes the dress as…
Strapless fitted sheath with an attached train made of Silky Japanese satin. Asymmetrically draped across the front and embroidered along the hem of the attached semi chapel train.
- Alterations: The gown was taken in around the bust area 1/2 inch. The gown fit almost perfectly so it barely needed any medications. I am 5'7" and the heels I wore on my wedding day were 2 inches high. The gown was also shortened about an inch. After the wedding the train has two tiny holes in it and those were sewn back together. The train has a delicate netting around the circle design. Buttons were added to the back so the gown can be bustled. Most gowns come without these buttons but my seamstress added them later. They match the pearl buttons that run down the back of the gown.
- Preservation Method: I had gown professionally cleaned by a premier cleaner that specializes in wedding dress cleaning and preservation. David Imperial took my dress in a room and held it under a black light and inspected every inch of it. It came back a few months later looking impeccable. Here is some info from their website... Chicago's Premier Museum Quality Gown Cleaning, Preservation and Restoration Specialist! Your wedding gown is one of your most precious possessions. It is a symbol of an important event in your life and should be treated with special care. Whether you are borrowing it from a relative or buying it new, your gown deserves professional attention. The key to beautifully cleaning and preserving your gown is to begin the process as soon as possible. Stains will not have time to set and/or oxidize, which can make it much more difficult to achieve complete stain removal. As proud members of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists, we are licensed to use the safest, most effective methods developed for preservation and restoration of all heirloom fabrics. A blind test of four nationally known gown preservation services conducted by the National Bridal Service proved our MuseumCare™ Preservation is the cleanest, provides the safest packaging environment and offers the most comprehensive guarantee. Evaluation And Inspection: All gowns are thoroughly inspected and a written evaluation is completed and discussed with each client. Notes are made regarding fabrication, existing damage, and stain identification. Proposed remedies and potential results are detailed. Wedding Gowns Are Processed On Our Premises: Many dry cleaners accept wedding gowns for cleaning, restoration and preservation but perhaps because of lack of technical skills and/or experience do not do the work themselves. Unfortunately your gown is sent off site and the company you entrusted with your gown is in fact not the company that performs the work!
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.