Initially, this was not my dream dress. My mom had taken me shopping and I had literally tried on dozens and dozens of dresses (being plus-size also made this very overwhelming) and was not having any luck finding anything I liked. I also wanted Ivory and at the time, not as many samples were in Ivory. I tried this dress on and my mom absolutely loved it. I liked it but wasn’t in awe with it, however I decided to go with it because I liked it more than anything else I tried. I started having worries about it a few weeks later, and to ease my mind, my mom took me back to the store. I tried the sample on again, and this time, I was in love. I’m not sure what changed from the first time to the second time, but I knew this was the dress for me!
- Alterations: I actually had very few alterations made to the original dress. The bust was taken in slightly (despite being a size 18, I have a smaller bust) and then about an inch was taken off the hem. The dress is a lace-up back with a built in panel, so alterations were not needed there. The dress came with skinny straps which I did not care for, so I had a halter strap made for it instead, which used the original straps and then it closes up behind the neck. It's got beautiful ruching on the side (helps to cover some problem "areas") and a gorgeous organza overlay. I did end up having part of the tulle removed underneath as it was too poofy for my liking, but there is still a lot left (see photos).
- Preservation Method: Has not been cleaned but has been inside the original bag since wedding.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: 1335-114A Street SW, AB
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.