I purchased my dress last year for my wedding in July 2013 from Bolee Bridal Couture in Sunnyvale, California. I fell in love with the dress and had the “This is the one!” moment you always hear about. When I returned to purchase the dress a week after trying it on, I found out that it had been discontinued and I was heartbroken. I called many other wedding retailers and could not find it anywhere. Thankfully, Bolee called me back and said that they had previously ordered a size 6 dress that had come in and that I could have it.
I got TONS of compliments specifically on the dress on, and after, my wedding day. Even my husband, who is not one for noticing details (I cut 12″ of hair off one day and he didn’t notice right away!), still remarks how much he loved my dress and how beautiful the beading and floral embroidery in the lace was.
We had a courthouse wedding, so I didn’t do any dancing in my dress and bustled it before going out for dinner, so it didn’t spend long dragging on the ground.
- Alterations: The size 6 dress was a little bit too big for me, so it was taken in. I have lost 5 pounds since the wedding, but I think my size has not changed much. My waist is currently slightly less than 28". My chest below the bust is 29" and I am typically a 32B or 32C in bras. This is an a-line style dress, so your hip size is not really important. I am 5"1, so the dress was shortened, and I wore platform wedge shoes with a 4 3/4" heel. I did end up wishing on my wedding day that it was a tiny bit shorter while I was walking around. The other alteration I had done was that I took a single layer of tulle removed. Being petite, I didn't want the bottom of my dress to be super wide and poofy because I felt that it would make me look shorter. It does still have quite a bit of volume.
- Preservation Method: I had my dress professionally dry cleaned and it has been stored in the original dress bag, hanging in a dry place.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: 310 J ST, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.