I was looking for an elegant and relatively simple wedding dress without too much fuss. Because I am just under 5’3″, I did not want to be swallowed up by a huge princessy gown. When I tried this dress on for the first time, I knew that it was it. I love that it is asymmetrical because it adds a little bit of “wow” factor to its otherwise simply elegant silhouette. It has little pearl buttons running down the back; underneath there is a fully lined zipper. I felt very feminine wearing it: the built-in corset cinched in my waist, making it look hourglass. The tulle underskirt adds some volume without making it into a huge ballgown. Even though I had bought a reception dress, I felt so great in my wedding dress – and got so many compliments on it – that I decided to wear it for the ceremony and the reception afterward. I had no problems dancing all night in it!
- Alterations: I had the dress taken in at the waist and the bust and shortened in the front. My seamstress put in three stays in the back to hold up the train/bustle. All of them are still in perfect condition. These are the dimensions after alterations (my husband measured me while I was wearing the dress): - 50.5" long in the front; in the back there is a train (I am 5'2.5" and wore 3.75" heels); - 35" bust (but some space for a larger bust); - 30.5" waist (same as above); - 41" hips (same as above)
- Preservation Method: The wedding dress has been dry cleaned and stored in the original garment bag in which I received it and kept it prior to my wedding. The dress is in perfect condition and looks brand new.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Washington, DC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.