I got engaged on December 20, 2013. I happen to be visiting my sister for the holidays that following week and decided to try on a few dresses while I was with my sister. We went to a David’s Bridal in her neighborhood. I wanted a big dress and was trying on a few until I found this one. I ended up trying a few more, but knew that this was my best bet. The fact that the floor model was a perfect fit was kind of a sign for me! I absolutely feel in love with it and knew it was the one!
I loved how light the dress was and how comfortably it sat on my hips/waist. It had a great flow and the train was not too long, but was very simple and classic. The dress had great movement and was easy to put on and off! I wore it all night, taking it off during breaks and to use the bathroom. The ceremony and reception was held in a very nice hotel so the dress was kept very clean!
Overall, I couldn’t have found a more perfect dress! I truly enjoyed my time in it and if at the time I could have found something similar that is used, I would have bought it. I hope that someone else can have special memories in it like I did.
- Alterations: Graceful two-tiered tossed tulle skirt design offers visually fluid construction that stunningly complements diagonally draped bodice. Strapless tulle ball gown with lace appliques, diagonally draped bodice and matching grosgrain sash and two-tiered tumbled tulle skirt. Hand-cut three dimensional taffeta bouquets are organically positioned along skirt and bodice. Sweep train 62" from natural waist. I am 5'4" and wore 4" heels with the dress. About 3" was hemmed from the bottom of the dress. That is the only alterations done on the dress. The zipper at the back of the dress is in tack. I had a slip, which I had sewn into the inside of the dress to keep the skirt away from my legs when I walked and also added additional volume to the skirt. I bought a sash with the dress (Floral Sash Style VW370014) also in Ivory that cost $78.00 (pre-tax/shipping) and will be included in the price. The price listed below for the dress is pre-tax/pre-shipping costs. The total for both my dress and sash from David's Bridal was closer to $2000.
- Preservation Method: The dress is in great condition and comes dry cleaned and ready to go. There are no sweat stains or anything with the dress and was dry cleaned the Monday following the wedding. I will post more pictures of the dress when I get them back from my photographer. I truly enjoyed this dress and had a great time. People loved it. I hope you will too!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.