I LOVED the Vera Wang Diana but couldn’t afford to spend $7000+ on my wedding dress. I saw that Vera Wang made a dress for David’s Bridal that had almost the identical skirt and was selling for a fraction of the price! You can look up the original design if you search the style number: VW351029. The original design is a v-neck; I wanted to turn it into a strapless however, so I took it to a wedding boutique to have it altered to a strapless sweetheart. I’m SO glad that I did because I felt like I was floating on a cloud on my wedding day!! I did a lot of research on wedding boutiques in Los Angeles before taking my dress to be altered. I am SO happy with the result: the designer was attentive and detail-oriented. He had me come in for about 6 fittings so that everything was perfect, and his handiwork was meticulous. I can include my veil in the price if you wish for FREE; however, there is about a 3″ rip in it.
- Alterations: $950-worth of alterations including: altering the V-neck into a strapless sweetheart, having a petticoat sewn in to give the skirt more support, having padding sewn into the bodice (I don't have much of a chest), taking in the sides (it's probably between a 0-2 now), hemming just the front of the skirt a couple of inches because I was having an outdoor ceremony on the grass (I'm 5'5" and was wearing approximately 3.5" heels). I didn't touch the gorgeous train though, don't worry! I had a corsolette sewn into the dress so that it would stay on me and not slip off but I had to return it to the boutique as the designer so graciously let me borrow it (I would recommend having this done = NO need to pull up my dress AT ALL throughout the day and night)!
- Preservation Method: Professionally cleaned and stored.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: West Vancouver, BC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.