I purchased the dress in-store from Pronuptia Bridals in Worcester, MA, in October 2012 for an April 2013 wedding. It is a strapless, A-line, corset-style ball gown dress. The color is light gold. The corset features beads, crystals, and sequins and falls below the waist. The full skirt has pick-ups with accents that match the bodice. The chapel train features similar pick-ups. Please check out the Maggie Sottero website for more detailed description and photos. I thought I wanted a simple sheath dress for my wedding but fell in love with this dress online and in the store. It is absolutely gorgeous and extremely light-weight despite the amount of material because it is made out of taffeta…so much lighter than the satin dresses I tried on! If this is the style you’re looking for, you’ll feel like a princess! Sounds cheesy to say, but it’s true. I want this dress to go to someone who’ll love it as much as I do.
I also have a veil (from Pronuptia Bridals) and bolero jacket (from David’s Bridal). Both are in excellent condition. Prices negotiable.
- Alterations: I bought the dress in-store as a size 12 and had it altered so that it would fit me. I was told that the dress will fit sizes 6 to 8, as the lace-up style in the back makes it somewhat adjustable. Alterations were done by the in-house seamstress. The hem was taken up, the sides and bustle taken in, and I also had cups put in. I am approximately 5'4" tall and wore 2 1/2" heels with the dress.
- Preservation Method: I had the dress professionally dry cleaned at White and Brite Cleaners in Shrewsbury, MA. There was some light dirt on the underside of the train, as the train was out while taking pictures inside and outside after the ceremony. However, the underside looks like new to my eyes. The cleaners did a great job. There is one light tan colored spot on the front of the dress below the bodice. It is very small and barely noticeable but could be covered up easily by adding beads, crystals, or sequins. Two very tiny and very light tan colored spots are on the front nearby, and they are due to dye-lot variation and blend with the light gold color of the dress. The dress is in wonderful shape and has been hanging in its original garment bag in a temperature-controlled room and is waiting for the next owner to fall in love with it!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Longmeadow, MA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.