Modern and Simple Mermaid/Fishtail wedding dress.
Victoria Jane `Tara´ by Ronald Joyce (Style #17401)
U.S. Size 16
Designer: Victoria Jane
Dress/Skirt Length: Full
Sleeve style: Sleeveless. Shoulder/straps were added and can easily be removed by a tailor
Train: Sweep/Brush/Duster (Please note, alterations were made to this train – see below)
This dress is ridiculously flattering and slimming with a simple yet elegant style.
Measurements of dress on the hanger:
6´´ from bust to neckline
7´´ sleeves (from bust to shoulder)
18´´ from armpit-to-armpit
16´´ waist (from side-to-side)
20´´ hips (from side-to-side)
51´´ length (both in the front and the back) While the dress is slightly longer in the back, the length is the same in the front/back because the back of the dress starts lower down on the back, and the front of the dress starts higher at the bust
42 ½´´ bust
44 ½´´ hips
Bride is 5´3´´ and 180lbs and normally wear a medium/large in tops and 10/12 in pants.
Upper part of the dress is a corset style – no bra necessary – and has fabulous structure, with ruching in a criss-cross/pleated pattern for an amazing slimming look.
Lower part of dress is mermaid/fishtail that hugs the hips and falls away at the knee to a gown-length. Back of the dress has a full zipper plus buttons to below the hips. The ruching/pleated look is present in the back as well and softly flows out after the waist.
This original dress had a short train, which was cut to a gown-length. This means it does lay on the floor in the back a slight bit, but does not have a train in the traditional sense.
- Alterations: NO ALTERATIONS WERE MADE TO THE *SIZE* OF THE DRESS This dress was not let in/out and is the true size 16 that it was when it was purchased. There were 2 alterations made: 1) The short train was removed in the back and the front was hemmed for the bride´s height of 5´2´´ + 2´´ heels. The dress is gown-length, which means it brushes the floor in the front and slightly more in the back. 2) Shoulder/Strap-sleeves were added (these could easily be removed by a tailor) The dress was originally strapless and can easily be so again PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE PHOTOS NOTE: Jacket pictured in professional photos is NOT included
- Preservation Method: This dress was worn lovingly one time. There are *NO* major stains, tears or body odor. There are NO STAINS OR MARKS anywhere on the upper skirt, underarms, etc. However, the dress will need to be pressed and cleaned before being worn again. I am only asking for $500 for this dress with the understanding that the buyer will be responsible for the cost of cleaning. The cleaners that pressed my dress said all wedding dresses cost between $150-$200 to clean and press. The dress does have the expected marks along the bottom/underskirt from being worn, as it did touch the floor. However, there is nothing that will not come out in a cleaning and no permanent marks or stains from any food, drink, etc. – only simple rub marks from dragging on the floor.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: New York, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.