I bought this dress at David’s Bridal (http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Organza-Fit-and-Flare-Gown-with-Bias-Flange-Skirt-VW351011) along with a black sash and the corresponding slip (size 8) (http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Fit-and-Flare-Slip-550) that helps make the dress look even fuller and more dramatic. I later decided to go with a chocolate brown sash that the woman who did my alterations made for me. It’s chocolate brown on one side and tan on the other. I can include all four items (dress, slip, sashes) when I ship to you.
The dress is absolutely stunning. The flower-like draping of the skirt is amazing and makes a real statement. I loved it more and more every time I put it on.
I only wore the dress for about 5 hours. We did quick photos (about 2-2.5 hours for getting ready, first look and formal pictures) and had a short ceremony (about 30-45 min). I had to travel from where I was getting ready to the formal pictures to the ceremony and then back to where I was getting ready. Right after getting back from the ceremony, I changed into a different dress for the reception, so there were definitely never any food or drink stains on the dress.
- Alterations: I made the neckline into a sweetheart, added bra cups, had the dress taken in a smidge at the hips and let out a little at the top, and had the dress hemmed. I weigh 129 lbs and am 5'5.5" without shoes but wore 5" heels. The dress and the slip were both hemmed to the same length so that it was just above the ground when I had my heels on (so 5'10.5" tall). (The dress was originally 62" long from the waist. If you're a serious buyer who needs to know the new length, I can open the sealed preservation box to measure the new length from the waist, if necessary.)
- Preservation Method: I used the following cleaning and preservation service from David's Bridal: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Davids-Bridal-Wedding-Gown-Preservation-Kit-DAVIDSWGP
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.