I bought this dress to wear in my two weddings this spring, and I am so glad I chose this one! The chiffon layers were incredibly forgiving during the trip I made to Mexico for my small family wedding. My bridesmaids bought me a steamer in case it got wrinkled during the trip but I did not have to use it at all! Not before that wedding, and not even after the trip back to the US for my second, larger wedding. It was truly resilient, and incredibly comfortable. Also, the photos do not do it justice. This dress is stunning in person- I actually have a close friend who had worn the same dress in her own wedding the previous year, and we didn’t coordinate at all. We both agreed that it is very comfortable and flattering, for many body types. I was never self conscious in it, as the somewhat ruffed bodice and drop waist cover your torso very well without hiding curves… and I certainly have those.
I wear a street size 4 and I think this dress would fit someone who wears a size 6 in street clothes or smaller (maybe not if size 6 is tight on you). It can easily be taken in if you are a 2 or 0- my friend with the same dress had that done (she is 6′ tall but has a size 4 torso) and it worked very well.
Also, if you are interested in my veil (has a comb, elbow length) and flower (worn in my hair, white), let me know and I’ll throw them in with the dress at no charge.
- Label Size: 4
- Street Size: 4
- Height with Shoes:
- Alterations: It was shortened to fit my height (5'3") plus shoe height (2.5" heel) for my wedding, when bustled. It has an "under" bustle, which is very convenient and easy to do/undo. Essentially, the bottom layer is shortened by tying it up under itself, and the top layer has small (invisible when not in use) pull-through hooks that attach to buttons under the bodice. It's so easy, is not obvious when is done up, and is a lovely way to dance around in this dress after the ceremony! If you are interested I can explain this to you in more detail. These alterations cost over $300 to complete, which I added into the total price I paid for the dress. So, getting it at $400 is like getting those for free (especially if you are around my height!).
- Color: White
- Silhouette: Aline
- Material: Chiffon
- Neckline: One Shoulder
- Style: Applique
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: The dress was professionally dry cleaned and all stains were removed following the weddings. It has been covered and safely stored ever since. I am only calling it "used" as it certainly was used for two weddings and it would not be honest to call it new. Only worn twice, and you'd never know.
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Location: Boone, NC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.