It had been a long search and everything was starting to look the same, but this dress with its vintage elegance, stood out. I purchased the sample and wore it off the rack. I had so many compliments on how memorable and classic it was, many said it reminded them of old Hollywood or Downton Abby (two of my favorite things so I must have picked right!). The fabric is extremely rich (hence the original pricetag) and the appliques look expensive as opposed to a lot of other gowns I saw attempting to capture the vintage look.
- Alterations: I had the arm ruffles reconfigured to show more definition in the waist, as well as adding some elastic to the waist to pull in a bit more. I had the dress hemmed but kept it quite long as I loved the pooling effect of the fabric. There is a small train in the back, which is why I went with a longer hem as well, but hemming is the easiest things to do.
- Preservation Method: The dress was cleaned professionally just this month and is awaiting its new owner!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: , CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.