This was one of the first wedding dresses I tried on when I started my hunt, and I fell in love with it immediately. I was torn between mermaid and ball gown styles, and this dress offered both. The lace on the bodice gave the dress the modern-vintage feel I was looking for, and the subtle crisscrossing of the lace (as well as the corset tie back) made me look like I was 10 lbs thinner than I actually was. The tulle on the bottom made me feel like a princess – I never dreamed that I would get so many compliments on this dress!
I almost didn’t get this dress – it was discontinued a few weeks after I tried it on, and someone had purchased the sample size in the store. Fortunately, I bought the last one Pronovias had in the factory – whew!
- Alterations: I purchased a size 8, but had to alter the dress down to a size 6. I'm 5'4 and about 125 lbs. My bust is a 34B and my waist is a 27. I also had my tailor add hooks for a short bustle.
- Preservation Method: I got this dress steam cleaned and pressed immediately after the wedding, and it's currently hanging in the original alterations bag in my closet. There is a tiny, tiny hole in one of the first layers of tulle but it's impossible to see because there are about 6 layers of tulle covering it.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.