I purchased the dress brand new from the Bhldn store in Beverley Hills. The wedding was on June 21, 2014 in Sonoma at a private residence/vineyard. I absolutely LOVED the dress! It was comfortable and flowy, yet glamorous. I received many complements, and felt it suited my style/wedding.
I believe the dress is prettier in person. I felt the gossamer tulle was incredibly soft and ethereal. There were many layers of the tulle that made the dress fun to wear. I would have to say, my favorite part was the low back!
Here is the description of the gown from Bhldn’s website:
Feel like royalty in this Catherine Deane gown as opalescent diamantes, platinum bugles, and creamy pearls create a bejeweled frame at the bodice, then give way to a gossamer silk tulle skirt. Silk tulle; silk lining. Dry clean. Imported.
A BHLDN exclusive
Can be shortened; using an experienced bridal tailor is recommended
Falls 47.25″ from natural waist
Removable back tie
Here’s a video I found of the dress in another color: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Catherine-Deane-Beaded-Silk-Sleeveless-Gown/prod96470006/p.prod?ecid=BGCIGoogleProductAds&ci_src=17588969&ci_
- Alterations: I removed the back strings, and shortened the straps by an inch so they would not fall off. Some reviewers on the BHLDN site felt the straps were too long, so my alterations would save you a couple hundred dollars. I also hemmed the bottom of the dress. I am 5'4, and wore 3 1/4 inch heels. The bodice remains true to a size 0, as I did not do any alterations in the middle section.
- Preservation Method: There are no stains on the dress. The bottom has some slight wear from dragging a bit throughout the night. I'm happy to send photos, just email me. The dress has been dry cleaned and placed in original packaging.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.