I didn’t think I wanted a strapless dress, but I loved how this looked and felt when I tried it on. I was able to buy it off the rack at Nordstrom, added a little bling to the sash (included), and felt amazing throughout our ceremony in the woods and hours of dancing at the reception. The fit felt simple and modern but the lace added a softer vintage feel. The dress is fully lined and the outer lace layer has a short train. It was comfortable to walk, sit, eat, and dance in – when bustled, it twirled like a star :)
- Alterations: I'm a street size 4 or 6; this dress was labeled a size 6 and it seemed close to standard labeling (whatever that is...), as it nearly fit off the rack. The seamstress shortened it a bit in front (I'm 5'6" and wore tiny heels - maybe 1/2-1"), keeping the eyelash lace trim at the bottom intact. She also took it in a little in the torso/bust and added cups - these could be removed, but it made it so I could go braless, as there was an internal elastic/hook-&-eye getup that made it fit securely (I'm not very busty, so that helped - I imagine it could be adjusted for those with a bit more up top!). She added a French bustle to the lining and lace, and added a few stitches to help the lace fringe stay up around the bust.
- Preservation Method: I had it professionally dry cleaned and they did a great job - the hem got a little dusty since the wedding was outside, but I can't make out any stains now. The dress has been kept in its original bag from the store.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.