I found the dress in a wonderful small bridal boutique near Toronto, Ontario, Canada (the store is called The Gown). After visiting four other stores, I finally found this simple, elegant, figure flattering ivory gown. My family and bridal party loved it as much as I did. It is very comfortable and light to wear. As the dress is made-to-order, it took four months before I received it. I am very impressed with the construction of the gown. It has flexible boning throughout the mid-torso area (providing excellent figure-flattering structure) and the seaming is very detailed. The fabric is a beautiful soft ivory with a very subtle sheen, resembling silk.
The gown also has a lovely flower detail at the waist, pearl buttons down the entire back (although it is a zipper-backed dress -the buttons are for show only), and a puddle style train that can be bustled. The hidden side pockets are also very handy.
I wore a small hoop under the dress to give it a more “full” look in the skirt area but it can be worn with or without a hoop easily.
To see the dress on the Essense of Australia website, go to: http://www.essensedesigns.com/stella-york/dresses/detail/5679
- Alterations: I had the spaghetti straps shortened ever so slightly and the bust taken in near the armpit area (only taken in 1/2 inch) each side. I also had some loops added under the dress so that the back train can be bustled if desired. Otherwise the dress is exactly as I ordered it and in excellent condition.
- Preservation Method: The dress has been professionally cleaned and steamed and is hanging in a closet, protected by the garment bag that came with the dress.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.