Absolutely gorgeous, classic and romantic dress. Strapless silk dupion with 3 inch bias band and bow at natural waist, full box pleated skirt, with pockets, buttons over the back zipper and chapel length train.
The fabric is raw silk that is not dyed. It is sturdy but romantic, provides a beautiful silhouette, and is very elegant. The bow at the waist is surprisingly brilliant because it makes you thin while adding an elegant touch. (I don’t normally like bows, but really liked it here.)
Also, it has pockets! It seems silly, but they aren’t noticeable at all and they were extremely useful for tucking away a tissue and providing a gripping point to hoist the skirt up.
- Label Size: 10
- Street Size: 2
- Bust: 33
- Waist: 26
- Hips: 37
- Height with Shoes: 5'11
- Alterations: I bought the dress as a sample and had it altered to my normal size--about a street size 2--so probably taken in at the waist by a size or two. The skirt was not hemmed so there's plenty of room to take it up if you like. I'm 5'9" and wore 2" heels. The seamstress also added B-cups and a french bustle to show off all the gorgeous buttons that run down the length of the skirt.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Ballgown
- Material: Silk Dupioni
- Neckline: Strapless
- Style: Classic
- Preservation Method: The dress dry cleaned and vacuum sealed. No chemicals were used on the dress to "preserve" it because I wanted it to be comfortable for the next person to wear.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Washington, DC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.