I fell in love with this dress because of the neckline. I wore it for the whole day including the reception and it is still in great shape.. no rips or stains from food or anything like that. It’s an A-line silhouette, made of silk taffeta, boning and interior silk faille corset for added support, back zip with covered buttons, lined and the best part it has on-seam pockets! I loved that it had pockets.
- Alterations: The dress was a size 12 when I ordered it but did have to have it altered as I was dieting before the wedding. The dress was taken in at the bust, and waist and the hem was taken up a few inches (I am 5'4 and wore about 2 inch heels). Here are the measurements Bust is 36 inches and waist is 30 inches. The J Crew website's measurements would put that right between a size 8-10 (although it seems every dress can be different). I had custom cap, pearl beaded sleeves added to the dress. They clip onto the back of the dress so it's easy to get in and out of. They can easily be taken off but they are so beautiful can't imagine why you would :) I also will send you the extra beading for "just in case's". It also does not come with the sash you see on the original gown. Here is a link to the dress on the J crew website: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/weddingsandparties/forthebride/PRDOVR~11423/11423.jsp?color_name=Ivory&TCode=GGBS00006_99101641834&sisearchengine=197&siproduct=11423&noPopUp=true&gclid=CKr0s6WawboCFe5cMgodLhIAqg
- Preservation Method: It was dry cleaned and steamed of wrinkles before the wedding. I have it stored in a garment bag in a chest.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.