This gorgeous dress is a draped mermaid gown made of silk shantung/taffeta, and features a sweetheart neckline with dramatic ruching on the back of the gown. It was purchased for a wedding that was planned to take place during December of 2011. However, the wedding was canceled and, therefore, the dress has never been worn outside of the bridal boutique and the alterations shop. (The only alteration made was the addition of a button for purposes of bustling the train during the planned reception.) Although I still LOVE this gown, it doesn’t feel right to hang on to a gown that was originally purchased for a canceled wedding — to wear it to the wedding I may actually have someday. I’m ready to part with the beauty so someone else can properly enjoy it!
This dress is extremely flattering on both curvy & straight-figured girls. The silk is light-weight and easy to move it, yet structured enough that it helps to lift, form and firm. If you’re straight-figured the shape & structure of the dress helps to accentuate what curves you do have. I’m an odd combo of being thin with curvy hips/chest, and never felt prettier or more feminine than I did in this gown. There is also a corset built into the bodice; it’s designed in a way that the boning does not create any angles or creases. The gown flows naturally from neckline to the end of the train.
Please feel free to Google the gown (using the designer name & style number) for additional pics; I don’t have a ton of options to post on here since it was never worn. Also, send me a message if you have any questions regarding the dress!
Also, if you’re interested in accessorizing the dress, please see my listings for a Toni Federici lace veil & Romona Keveza beaded belt (both never worn). My original plan was to wear only the dress & veil during the ceremony (no sash/belt), and then add the beaded belt for the reception to make the dress a bit more fun/contemporary.
- Label Size: 8
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 34
- Waist: 26
- Hips: 39
- Height with Shoes: 5'11
- Alterations: As is common with many wedding gown designers, my measurements were taken and then my “standard” dress size was determined based on these measurements (size 8). The only deviation made from the standard size 8 measurements was a length addition of 8 inches to ensure the train was long enough to allow for me to wear 3” heels (I’m 5’8”). The additional length was included in the calculation of the total length of the gown sent to the designer upon ordering. There is no seam or anything, the length of the overall gown is just longer than Romona Keveza's standard designs. The longer length did not in any way change the design or lay of the fabric on the dress or train. As previously mentioned, the only alteration made after delivery from Romona Keveza was the addition of a button to bustle the train. The gown was purchased at an authorized Romona Keveza retailer.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Mermaid
- Material: Silk, Taffeta
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Classic, Modern, Not white, Ruching
- Condition: New
- Preservation Method: Never worn; stored in original bag/box in dark, dry interior closet of home.
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Location: Bentonville, AR
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.