I had a dream wedding that included an outdoor ceremony with a water view. So I needed a dress that would be a bit more beachy and laid back, but I also wanted it to stand out and make people go “WOW!”. In addition, I wanted to be able to sit comfortably and eat my dinner as well as move around and dance my a** off. This dress accomplished just that with it’s beautiful gossamer chiffon overlay and a slightly deeper sweetheart strapless neckline. Two of my favorite features of this dress though were:
1) The beading on the front, right around the neckline
2) The corseted back lined with beading that matched the front. It was an absolute eye-catcher as I walked down the aisle.
- Label Size: 6
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 34.5
- Waist: 29
- Hips: 37.5
- Height with Shoes: 5' 9
- Alterations: I didn't really need any alterations with regards to taking the dress in anywhere due to the corseted back. The three things I did have done: 1) Removed the single layer of tulle under the dress as I wanted a light, easy dress to move in. The tulle didn't add anything and actually got in the way when I walked. Removing it made the dress much easier to move in. 2) Incorporated some gold/yellow beading/crystals into the front and back beaded areas as I had a necklace that was made of my grandmother and great grandmother's wedding rings, so it had silver and gold. I wanted something that would subtly highlight and match the necklace. I've included a picture. The addition was so subtle it worked beautifully. 3) Slight hem so the front of the dress just floated above the floor with my 3 in heals on.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Aline
- Material: Chiffon
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Beach, Corset, Ruching
- Condition: Used
- Preservation Method: I had the bridal salon I bought the dress from professionally clean the dress. I was extremely happy about the outcome. The key things they were able to clean much better than I thought they would be able to (pretty much eliminated any and all traces of the dress having been worn): 1) Inside neckline area. I had a spray tan and the lady really layered in on around my chest area. Some rubbed off around the inside chest area. You can't even tell it was ever there. It seriously looks like it did before I put it on. 2) The hem. I was worried because we did have an outdoor ceremony in the grass, but they were able to get rid of the dirt and grass. I've included a picture of a portion of the hem post wedding and post cleaning for your reference. There is one small tear in the chiffon where the Over Bustle was (yes, someone stepped on the dress, surprise surprise, and the bustle broke). Your new bustle will most likely cover it and it is small enough to fix easily.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.