This dress is gorgeous and an excellent example of Monique Lhuillier’s designs. The bodice has a corset structure with impeccable applique and beadwork. The skirt is made up of four layers of silk, organza, and tulle – it has beautiful movement in it and the textures feel amazing. It was incredibly comfortable and light weight; formal but easy to wear and a fun dress to dance in at the reception.
I bought this from Brown’s Bride in London in 2011 for my wedding in Sun Valley, Idaho in February 2012. I wore it with a sage green sash and a fur wrap for my winter wedding, but since it’s strapless and light weight, it would be equally suitable for a summer wedding. Our wedding was indoors in a church and the reception was at a ski lodge. We took some photos outside, but I was very conscious about carrying the dress to keep it clean when I was outdoors. There was no walking through dirt/grass/meadows like you might for a summer wedding, so the dress stayed impressively clean!
It’s been hanging in its original garment bag since the wedding. I’ve decided to sell it since it seems silly to keep it in a bag – someone else should enjoy it! Please feel free to email me for additional photos, if you have any questions, or would like to make an offer.
- Label Size: 8
- Street Size: 4
- Bust: 36
- Waist: 28
- Hips: 36
- Height with Shoes: 5'8
- Alterations: The dress was shortened slightly to my height with shoes, 5'8". There was also a very small tear along the centre seam at the back (2"). This was professionally repaired and is not visible. My seamstress also added a little loop at the bottom so you can pick up the dress easily (this can be removed). I had small cups added in the bust so I didn't have to wear a bra, but had them taken out after the wedding in case the next bride didn't want them. The seamstress who altered the dress works with Harrods and Brown's Bride in London, so it was in good hands!
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Aline
- Material: Embellishment, Organza, Silk, Tulle
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Applique, Belt/Sash, Classic, Corset, Glamorous, Modern
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: Spot cleaned, has been hanging in its original garment bag since the wedding. I haven't dry cleaned because of cost and I don't think it needs it, but can arrange upon sale if the buyer would like.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: London, OT
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.