I’m selling my wedding dress – the J. Crew Petticoat Lace Anais Gown!! This dress is from J. Crew’s Collection line, a limited edition which sold out immediately and is extremely hard to find. Dress retailed for $3,000 and I spent an additional $500 on professional alterations and cleaning.
– Inspired by a vintage 1930s lace wedding dress.
– Allover off white lace exterior draped over a nude silk lining.
– Slight ruffle neckline.
– Asymmetrical French tulle layers all around the skirt. The tulle has off white polka dots, a print known as point d’esprit. The tulle used in this dress comes from the legendary French mill, Sophie Halette, which supplies most of the world’s premier fashion houses.
– Fastens on the side with silk-covered buttons.
FROM J CREW WEBSITE:
“Far and away one of the most exquisite gowns we’ve ever seen. A sublime mix of vintage romance and haute couture flourishes, it was inspired by a 1930s lace wedding dress we borrowed from a collector. Using a delicate, traditional French lace draped over a nude silk bodice, our designers fashioned a très moderne racerback tank silhouette, accenting the skirt with tiers of asymmetrical, spotted French tulle (known as point d’esprit) that fall to the floor. (We used lace and tulle from the legendary French mill, Sophie Halette, which supplies most of the world’s premier fashion houses.) The neckline and back are edged with layers of ruffled tulle (both plain and spotted), and the dress has silk-covered buttons at the side for a playful, ultra-feminine touch. What can we say? J’adore. Cotton/polyamide. Sleeveless. Fitted bodice. Slim A-line skirt. Fully lined. Falls to floor. Part of J.Crew Collection. Import. Dry clean.
DRESS SPECS / MEASUREMENTS
Composition: French tulle (point d’esprit), Cotton/polyamide lace, silk covered buttons, silk lining
Condition: Flawless and comes to you professionally cleaned
Color: Off-white lace layer with nude lining
Tag size: 2
Fits like: 2-6, please review actual dress measurements and alterations listed below. For reference, I usually wear a size 4 or 6 in J Crew.
Dress Bust (Armpit to Armpit): approx 34″ — hard to measure because of the open back, but I am a 34C.
Dress Waist: approx 28″
Hips: approx 37″ (measured at the height of the bottom side button)
Length: 62″ (measured from top of shoulder to floor in front) For reference, I am 5’9 and wore the dress with ballerina flats.
- Alterations: PROFESSIONAL ALTERATIONS - Bust: The dress bust was too small, so it was expanded slightly on the sides. For reference, I am a 34C. This dress would also fit a 32 C or B (for a slightly looser fit). My seamstress put light cups into the dress so that I wouldn't have to wear a bra; these are removable. - Bustle: The dress has 3 tiny white hooks (bustle points) along the back. When the dress is hooked up, the back is the same length as the front, just barely touching the floor. These hooks can easily be removed and are not permanent. - Label and hanging straps carefully removed (because they were visible from the outside). I've saved them in an envelope and they will be shipped with the dress.
- Preservation Method: Professionally dry-cleaned and stored in tissue paper and garment-bag in a pet-free, smoke-free environment.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Duluth, MN
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.