I purchased my gorgeous wedding dress at The Plumed Serpent in Westport, Connecticut. After two unsuccessful visits to different stores, three times a charm. Many friends told me not to search online for dresses so not to disappoint myself when I tried them on in person, so I tried on many dresses that were beautiful but not the one. I went home and searched fit and flares and found the most beautiful dress for my late August wedding- Monique Lhuillier’s Peony in Ivory. The reason it is perfect is that the fabric is so lightweight and the details are beautiful. I tried the dress one once and knew it was perfect. I ordered the dress with the back butterflies (as seen in the model photos) unattached and never sewed them on to my dress as I didn’t love them. I got the dress professionally altered in Darien, CT and though the dress is a size 10 (street size 6), I would say that the dress is more accurately a street size 4 as my hips are not that prominent and my body shape is more straight, boy-like. The dress was professionally cleaned and preserved (simply means the dress is treated so that it does not discolor or absorb smells) and is currently at my local dry cleaners in Darien, CT. I encourage anyone in the tri-state area willing to make the trip out to Darien (just a hop, skip and a jump via MTA train from Grand Central on the New Haven line- first stop after Stamford), to try the dress on in person at my dry cleaners. It is a beauty and I promise you will make you the happiest, most beautiful bride. I wore my dress both during the ceremony and also at the reception (I added a beaded belt for the reception and changed my hair.) Email to see more pictures.
- Alterations: My measurements before the wedding (I lost about 5 pounds and trimmed down but nothing drastic) was as follows: B: 36 (under 29.75) W: 28.75 H: 35.5 HT: 5'5" The dress was altered to fit those measurements and about 3 inches were taken off the bottom (I'm 5' 5") about 1/8-inch was taken at the waist and hips and the dress was magnificently bustled (French) by the most talented seamstress. Everyone gave me rave compliments when I emerged at the reception with a beaded belt and gorgeous French bustle in the back.
- Preservation Method: Complete professional dry cleaning and then professional bridal gown second cleaning and preservation. After personal inspection, there is NOT ONE STAIN ON THIS DRESS. I promise you, it was cleaned twice both at the dry cleaners and then again by a professional bridal gown preservation company. It is spotless and absolutely pristine. I have the original receipt including the fabric swatch from Monique Lhuillier that reads: "P.O. 1092, Style: Peony, Color/Fabric: Ivory/Silk Jacquard and Ivory/Silk Charmeuse."
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Wilton, CT
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.